Dongguan International School, Dongguan, Guangdong, China
Founded in 2001 on a vision of academic excellence and the development of the whole child, Tung Wah Education Group (TWEG) currently consists of four schools and two campuses in Dongguan, Guangdong, China. Its schools offer programs based on the Chinese core curriculum to students ages 3 to 18 and the A-Level curriculum to a group of senior high school students in the international division. With a total student population of 45,000 students, and 2,100 staff members, TWEG today is a highly reputable organization with numerous awards to its name, a long line of high-achieving alumni, and dedicated professionals.
ABOUT DGIS KINDERGARTEN:
The Kindergarten curriculum (for students age 3 to 6) is designed to integrate with renowned early child educational philosophies, which is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play.
The school provides a safe, engaging and nurturing environment, with bilingual teaching (English and Chinese) used in on campus. Teachers will offer activities that allow children to make creative choices in their learning. Group activities and individual work help to develop their confidence, gross motor coordination, fine motor skills and language skills.
The International Kindergarten School aims to facilitate kids becoming healthier, happier, and more resilient in an environment wherein:
- Toddlers have international experiences;
- Love sharing and caring;
- Develop a leader’s perspective and mindset;
- Have good reading habits and are equipped with problem-solving skills;
- Children are taught to love nature, outdoor activities, and challenges;
- Children learn self-discipline and diligence.
Experienced teacher who is culturally competent and has demonstrated an ability to improve student outcomes and learning across diverse groups.
REPORTS TO: Kindergarten Curriculum Director
The classroom teacher performs under the supervision and support of Curriculum Director and has major responsibility for the instruction and supervision of students. Instruction of students shall include individual skill development, expansion of knowledge, and development of ability to think critically and creatively. Supervision of students shall include the care of students’ emotional, moral, and physical well-being.
The classroom teacher functions in accordance with the established policies, rules, regulations and the performance standards of the school and the performance goals established by/for the teacher.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instruction, providing materials which facilitate active learning; monitor student progress and adapt course content delivery methods in order to meet the needs of individual students; instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials, technologies and equipment to support instruction.
- Promote a culture of high expectations, providing every student with high quality and culturally relevant instruction; support and implement the school’s Bilingual Education Policy; create a safe, welcoming classroom environment that reflects and supports the racial and ethnic diversity of the student population and community.
- Understand how learners grow and develop, recognizing variations within and across cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional and physical areas, diversity of cultures and communities; implement and insure a developmentally appropriate, challenging and high-standards learning environment.
- Develop and implement instructional practices and strategies that include multiple methods of assessment, support students in meeting learning goals and engage and encourage learners to develop deep understanding of content areas.
- Develop and implement effective classroom management strategies, providing a safe, secure and respectful learning environment; communicate student behaviour expectations in a positive manner; convey reminders, rules and expectations with consistency and equity, while recognizing the unique qualities and characteristics of the individual.
- Understand central concepts, tools of inquiry and various aspects of curriculum; apply concepts to create meaningful learning experiences designed to engage learners in communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Develop and make progress toward Professional Growth Goals that contribute to school-wide goals through self-reflection and self-reporting, teamwork, parent/student surveys, meetings, record keeping, portfolios, peer collaboration and other measures and methods.
- Develop and make progress toward Student Growth Goals that include the use of baseline and progression data, identifying strategies, measures and evidence of progress standards; report on student progress throughout the school year.
- Update and maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development as required by the school, municipal, regulations and laws.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATOR COMPETENCIES OR VALUES:
General Cultural Competency: Educators can adapt to a variety of situations and are committed to cultural understanding. They can build cultural awareness through self-reflection. Bilingual Educators invite multiple perspectives, actively listen and are willing to change by understanding the relationship between intent and impact of their decisions.
Planning & Preparation: Educators can demonstrate knowledge of content, pedagogy, resources, and individual students; set instructional outcomes; design coherent instruction and assessments.
Classroom Environment: Educators can create an environment of respect and rapport; establish a culture for learning; manage classroom procedures, student behaviour, and organize the physical space.
Professional Responsibilities: Educators can reflect on their own teaching practices; maintain accurate records; communicate with families; participate in a professional community; grow and develop professionally; show professionalism at all times.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- ECE certificate is a must, and familiar with Montessori philosophy and STEAM is a huge plus Proven leadership ability in Education development, principalship and overseeing staff.
- Upon confirmation of employment a current criminal record check
- A demonstrated positive role model for staff, clients and the community at large.
- A minimum of one (1) years of working experience in kindergarten
The ECE Teacher must possess a Bachelors in Early Education or Education and must hold a valid Teaching Certificate from a National, State, or Provincial certIfying authority. This is necessary to be eligible for a Chinese work visa.
Upon being hired by the school, we will begin to make arrangements with you for getting a working visa in China. Teachers will need to have a medical check-up, provide an up to date criminal check, and will need to submit a copy of their university graduation diploma. The medical examination and teacher certification are the personal and professional responsibility of the teacher. The school will provide necessary
information to the staff member on documentation that needs to be provided and will cover visa costs. We are very familiar with the visa process, are aware of how stressful it can be for new staff and we will assist in guiding you through the process.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salaries are highly competitive with other International Schools in China. The school also pays teachers a generous monthly living allowance that covers the cost of renting a modern apartment in the area. Teachers find it relatively easy to save a significant portion of their salary depending on their lifestyle.
The school also provides teachers with a generous airfare allowance to cover cost of traveling to the school and back to their home country at the end of the contract.
We recognize that good health insurance is very important and the school pays yearly medical insurance premiums for teachers to cover costs at hospitals or medical clinics in China.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ARRIVE?
The position begins August 13th, 2019. We recommend you arrive on or before August 10th. If you have taken employment at our school and are traveling to China from your home country, we will meet you at the airport and bring you back to our school. We have staff who speak English and Chinese to help you get set up, introduce you to local grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, help with your internet and phone service, and answer your questions. We want our new staff feeling looked after and welcome.
STUDENTS AT OUR SCHOOL
The students are primarily Mainland Chinese students. Because our students are primarily Asian, with English as a second language, a lot of our program is focused on improving language skills and building vocabulary.
LIFE IN DONGGUAN
Dongguan is one of the most livable cities in China and there are many advantages to living in this city, particularly in the Songshan Lake District. This is an area renowned for its beauty and green spaces, with excellent opportunities for cycling and hiking. There are coffee shops like Starbucks, and a number of Western Restaurants in the area including places like Pizza Hut and McDonald’s. There are several very good hotels that serve high end Western food. Mid-sized grocery stores sell Western goods, and there are smaller more local markets where fresh fruit and vegetables can be purchased very cheaply. Dongguan has a lush, warm semi-tropical climate similar to what you would find in Florida. Dongguan is conveniently close to Hong Kong, Macao and Shenzen for weekend trips and short holidays. The cost of living is significantly cheaper than Australia, Canada, or the United States depending on what you purchase. Money goes a long way and it is easy to save. Dongguan is served by a number of high speed trains that are convenient for traveling on weekends or holidays and the city is in close proximity to an International airport.
OUR EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS:
- A competitive salary
- A housing allowance that covers the rent of a very comfortable apartment in Dongguan or accommodation provided by the school
- Health Insurance
- Assistance with visas and work permits
- Reasonable class sizes
- collegial working environment.
- A generous round trip travel allowance
- Administrative experience in a new and developing ECE program
Note - Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from a recognized college or university and a Teaching Certificate.
For further information about this position or to apply, contact or send documents to Dennis Kraft at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Montessori School of Shanghai
The Montessori School of Shanghai, seeks talented, English speaking Infant and Toddler and Early Childhood teachers who hold an AMI Montessori credential or a credential from a MACTE accredited training center. Accredited Montessori School of Shanghai, is located on 4 beautifully designed campuses serving children from infancy through early childhood.
The school community is internationally diverse and naturally steeped in Chinese culture. Montessori School of Shanghai has been serving Shanghai communities since 2005 and is managed by a team of experienced, highly professional administrators and faculty from around the world. MSS is the perfect place to share your talents with inquisitive children, receptive parents and professional colleagues.
TEACHING POSITIONS FOR 2019-2020:
- Infant & Toddler (1.5-3)
- Early Childhood (3-6)
- Leadership and mentorship positions
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- AMI credential or MACTE credential
- Proficient written and oral English
- Montessori teaching experience preferred
- Minimum 3 year commitment
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Housing allowance, annual roundtrip ticket,
- Medical/ accidental insurance
- Holiday leave and Summer vacation included with 12 month salary payment plan
- Professional training and career development opportunities
CHINESE BILINGUAL PRINCIPAL fluent in written and spoken Chinese, fluent in spoken English. Solid experience in building cohesive learning communities that align with the Chinese standards plus Montessori philosophy. Candidate will lead one of the established MSS campuses with the support of an International English-speaking Montessori Academic Director.
- 3-5 years teaching experience in Early Years (preferably Montessori)
- Bachelor Degree (minimum)
- Experience preparing annual Chinese government review reports
- References that support required performance
Competitive salary and benefits.