Head of School
K-12 Montessori and IB School
We are looking for a relational and passionate Head of School to lead this Independent K-12 School in Wollongong.
Your new company
Elonera Montessori School is an independent co-educational school offering authentic and quality education from 18 months to 18 years. Elonera offers Montessori programs across early childhood to year 6, aligned with the Australian National Curriculum K-10 and the International Baccalaureate IB Diploma in years 11 and 12.
The School is centrally located in Wollongong and has a committed community of passionate teachers, parents and students.
Your new role
As Head of School, you will be responsible for the leadership of all elements of the school from early childhood to year 12. This role reports to the School Board and is well supported by an established senior leadership team. This is an executive appointment to commence in 2019 by negotiation with the successful applicant.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be:
- A relational and supportive leader with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Supportive and a champion of the school’s unique offerings including authentic Montessori programs and the international Baccalaureate.
- A visible, hands on and collaborative leader who enjoys working closely with staff, students and families.
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of legislative, reporting and curriculum requirements across a K-12 setting
- Passionate about working in a small school setting with a strong sense of community and commitment.
- Able to lead with vision, honesty and integrity
What you'll get in return
This is a wonderful opportunity to take on the leadership of an incredibly passionate and caring community of teachers, parents and students. You will thrive in a smaller school setting where you can form strong relationships and be actively involved in all aspects of the school life. You will be supported by a well-established, knowledgeable and caring team. This will be a highly rewarding environment to share your expertise and passion for supporting and leading others.
What you need to do now
Please submit an expression of interest, including a generic CV and you will be contacted to discuss the position in full and a detail information package and selection criteria will be provided. Please contact Lincoln Gould from Hays Education for all queries.
T: 02 8226 9769