Montessori Nursery Teacher
St Helens Montessori School, East Farleigh, Kent
We are seeking a fully trained, dedicated and positive Nursery Teacher to join our friendly and professional team, starting in April 2021.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both adults and children are essential. The candidate must be effective at carrying out observations and accurate record-keeping of children’s development and progress, as well as being as confident at settling our little 2-year-olds as supporting our 4–5-year-olds.
How to Apply
Please apply in writing, including an up-to-date CV to Jeannelle Dening-Smitherman at email@example.com or telephone 07802706573.
The Montessori Place is looking for an Overnight Support Worker (Female)
We are based in Framfield, Sussex in a beautiful setting with around 30 young people attending aged 12-18.
Summary of the role
To offer, in the evenings and overnight, one-to-one support to a young person with special educational needs, within the residential setting of a Montessori secondary school. This young person has been at a Montessori school since she was 2 years old, and she is now 14. We are recruiting for an LSA to support her in the evenings, and overnight.
- Four nights a week (Monday to Thursday) 4pm to 8am the next morning.
- £20,274.75 per annum (gross) paid in equal monthly instalments after PAYE.
- Accommodation in a pleasant single room with a view, and an adjoining bathroom.
- Meals during the school week are included.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Direct work with the young person with special educational needs
- To ensure the young person's safety and wellbeing through the evening and overnight.
- To support their self-care routines in the evening, at night and in the morning.
- To be available if they or other young people need support at night. This is rare.
- Organise accessible activities for the young person, either on-site or off-site.
- Ensure the environment (rooms, materials/equipment, activities) serve their development.
- Ensure that the evening routines are conducive to their wellbeing.
- Help the other young people in supporting this young person.
- Consult with your line manager and co-workers on how best to do this.
- Observe what generates enthusiasm, joy and fulfillment in the young person.
- Observe what obstacles they meet and determine how best to navigate through these.
- Show through your own example what you aspire for in the young people.
- Provide reports both orally and in writing with regard to this work
- Other duties as appropriate to the post and as delegated by your line manager/ Director.
For an application pack please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Montessori Place are looking to recruit a Support Worker within the Young People’s Community
JOB TITLE: Support Worker, Young People's Community
SALARY:£22,809 per annum
Hours:Mon -Fri 8-5pm
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The purpose of the role is to support a 14 year old girl with 'global delay' within a Montessori community for adolescents.
1. MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To observe the specific needs of the young person to be supported.
- To help the young person towards full independence in their self-care, learning, and social relationships.
- Encouraging independence in all areas of their life
- Assisting in areas of specific weakness, such as oral and written language
- Helping the young person to focus and complete jobs
- Supporting the other young people to take responsibility for this young person
- Developing appropriate resources to support the young person
- Assist in the management of their social interactions and behaviour
- Ensuring the young person stays safe in a variety of situations
- Helping the young person to learn to stay safe in a variety of situations
- To establish a supportive relationship with the young person
- To facilitate acceptance and inclusion of the young person in the community
- To guide the young person as advised by the SENCo and Lead Guide
- To help develop the young person's Individual Support Plan
- To carry out any specific duties outlined in the young person's support plan
- To complete any other task as directed by their line manager
Other responsibilties -
- Preparing the environment
- Ensure, with support from the Lead Guide, that the indoor and outdoor environments are maintained, with a focus on precision, order and beauty.
- Continue to maintain and prepare the environment throughout the day, encouraging young people to participate in these tasks.
- Participate in the repair and maintenance of YPC equipment, materials, furnishing
- Participate in the sourcing and creation of new materials for the young people
- Participate in periodic reviews of the layout and ordering of the environment
- Participate in the care of all animals and plants at The Montessori Place
- Strive to enhance the harmony, order, and beauty of the environment
- Support all aspects of observation-led planning for the young people including term plans, and individual 6-weekly, weekly and daily plans.
- Document observations made each day and share these observations with the lead Guide.
- Participate in the upkeep of the young people's records and folders
- Manage budgets for the purchase of materials and other items
- Respond to telephone enquiries from prospective parents and other visitors
- Liaise with cook regarding the lunch menu, quantities of food and food hygiene
- Supervise students when necessary
- Participate in parent evenings and other meetings
- Any other duty as appropriate to the post and as delegated by the Lead Guide or a Director
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Montessori Place, Eason's Green, Lewes Road, Framfield TN22 5RE
Hours of work
Your standard working hours are from 8am to 5pm on Monday to Friday, term-time only.
There are events at TMP for parents, typically in the evening, that you are encouraged to attend. Some parent events are required attendance. Open afternoons are held once a term, on a Saturday afternoon typically, and your attendance is encouraged.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested